Sunday, August 16, 2009

Andy Reid Initiated Michael Vick Talks!

It turns out that Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid is the one who initiated the conversations among the Eagles hierarchy concerning Michael Vick according to the The Philadelphia Inquirer.

"I had just kind of followed his progress to see what would transpire," Reid said. "I wanted to see how he handled things and I had talked to some people about him. I'm not going to say who, but I talked to some people."

Reid did his preliminary research before pitching the idea to team president Joe Banner and owner Jeffrey Lurie. Lurie had obvious skepticism, but felt comfortable enough after speaking with Vick to OK the signing of the embattled quarterback. Bottom line on the move, Vick's football abilities, whatever is left justifies this decision for the entire team.

No comments: